Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another day full of gifts. :)

102. Realizing your judgments about people are wrong.
Confession: I like to people watch. I like to read people and pretend like I know their stories. Sometimes, it's fun to watch them interact with people and guess what kind of person they are... personality, heart, passions, etc. Sometimes, in this though, I judge (told you this was a confession). Today, I realized I was wrong about a person. I coined this person as one of those smarty pants with way too much head knowledge... and, well, this person is not. Sometimes, it's nice to be wrong.

103. Shorts.
I love wearing shorts. And pretending like summer is here. BAH! :)

104. My major.
Today, we played with play-dough in class. And, for my final, we will be reading children's stories to each other. I love my life.

105. Dying.
Let me explain. In one of my classes we were talking about marriage. My professor was talking about what a crock compromise is and how so many people pick "too many hills to die on." He said that, as Christians, we should pick fewer hills to die on, and in many things, just die. We should lay down our desires, our needs, our wants... for the sake of love, for the sake of Christ. Christ teaches us sacrifice and that is what we should be doing... because we get the opportunity to be like Christ in this.
Cool huh? Maybe not the most exciting thing ever, BUT we get to be more like Christ when we die to ourselves. I get the opportunity to grow closer to my Savior, my Father, my God. So it's a pretty cool gift. :)

106. Miralax. 
No further comment needed.

107. Sara Hatte. 
I love this woman. She laughs at me. or with me. And has the biggest heart possibly on the face of this planet. See her blog here. You should get to know her. You're life will be changed.

1 comment:

  1. i love life with you...from our deep theological questions before bed to our giggles in the bathroom.

    love. every. single. bit.

    ReplyDelete